Certificate IV in Health Care
HLT41120 Certificate IV in Health Care is the principle nationally recognised qualification for those seeking employment in industry. Covering clinical and physical assessment skills, together with essential emergency care competencies, students acquire the experience and knowledge necessary to function effectively as a Medic.
Course Outline:HLT41120 Certificate IV in Health Care is the principle nationally recognised qualification for those seeking employment in industry. Covering clinical and physical assessment skills, together with essential emergency care competencies, students acquire the experience and knowledge necessary to function effectively as an Industrial Medic.
This three phase course includes external studies, together with an e-learning component, face-to-face learning, and clinical placement in busy metropolitan workplace where students are likely to experience real life emergencies such as Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation, medical and traumatic emergencies
Health Care Pathways
Wilson Medic One is dedicated to assisting students in achieving their study and career goals
This HLT41120 - Certificate IV Healthcare covers work involving delivery of limited direct client care in an emergency response context. The qualification focuses on work in the ambulance industry done by volunteers or workers who provide a basic emergency response and transport roles in areas where there is a relatively low workload. This qualification is suited to Australian Apprenticeship pathways.
Occupational titles may include:
- Volunteer Ambulance Officer
- Ambulance Community Officer
- Casual Ambulance Officer
- Ambulance Attendant
- Emergency Patient Transport Officer
- Industrial Medic
After successful completion of the programme students will be awarded a Nationally Recognised Qualification for HLT41120 - Certificate IV in Health Care.
These units may provide credit towards a range of other health and related qualifications at Certificate IV level and above with many students continuing with their pre-hospital care knowledge and training and moving into more advanced areas of study as a natural progression.
The course is delivered in 3 Modules phases which includes e-Learning (self-paced online units), 4 weeks classroom time and 80 of clinical placement.
*Please note that you will need your flu and COVID vaccination in order for us to offer placements*
100% attendance is required for the classroom time due to the level of course content. The course can be flexible and can be completed over multiple intakes. To discuss this please contact us on 9350 9111.
This qualification is clustered by Wilson Medic One to form a targeted and work ready programme.
The course includes 9 Core Units and 7 Elective Units which are delivered in a cluster format providing program that is holistic in its approach and has meaning and relevancy to the student’s work functions as the program is based on real work tasks.
9 Core Units
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies & procedures
- HLTOUT001 Implement safe access and egress
- HLTOUT004 Assess and deliver basic clinical care
- HLTOUT008 Manage a scene
- HLTOUT010 Communicate in complex situations to support health care
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTWHS006 Manage personal stressors in the work environment
7 Elective Units
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTWHS005 Conduct manual tasks safely
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- HLTOUT007 Transport non-emergency patients under operational conditions
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- HLTOUT006 Transport emergency patients
Required entry requirements
- First aid qualification.
- Unrestricted Driving Licence
- Cert II/III or IV or Australian Year 12 certificate
- Before placements – a Working with Children’s Check, National Police Clearance, and evidence of Flu and Covid-19 vaccination is also required
Wilson Medic One mutually recognises Statement(s) of Attainment and qualifications issued by other RTO's.
Following the successful completion of the program, Qualification Testamur and Record of Achievement will be issued in accordance with the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|
|Online Units only Dispatch||23/11/2021||$0.00|
|HLT41120 Cert IV 7 February 2022 (Perth)||07/02/2022||02/09/2022||$5,500.00|
|HLT41120 Cert IV 28th February 2022 (Perth)||28/02/2022||25/03/2022||$5,500.00|
|HLT41120 Cert IV 8 March 2022 (Perth)||08/03/2022||01/10/2022||$5,500.00|
|HLT41120 Cert IV 4 April 2022 (Perth)||04/04/2022||28/10/2022||$5,500.00|
|HLT41120 Cert IV 2 May 2022 (Perth)||02/05/2022||25/11/2022||$5,500.00|
|HLT41120 Cert IV 30 May 2022 (Perth)||30/05/2022||23/12/2022||$5,500.00|
|HLT41120 Cert IV 27 June 2022 (Perth)||27/06/2022||20/01/2023||$5,500.00|
|HLT41120 Cert IV 25 July 2022 (Perth)||25/07/2022||17/02/2023||$5,500.00|
|HLT41120 Cert IV 22 August 2022 (Perth)||22/08/2022||17/03/2023||$5,500.00|
|HLT41120 Cert IV 19 September 2022 (Perth)||19/09/2022||14/04/2023||$5,500.00|
|HLT41120 Cert IV 17 October 2022 (Perth)||17/10/2022||12/05/2023||$5,500.00|
|HLT41120 Cert IV 21 November 2022 (Perth)||21/11/2022||16/06/2023||$5,500.00|