Diploma of Emergency Health Care
HLT51020 Diploma of Emergency Health Care reflects the role of pre-hospital and out-of-hospital workers providing patient assessment, healthcare and transport services within state/territory ambulance services, ADF and the private sector, possessing clinical skills and theoretical knowledge to provide urgent and advanced life support skills pre-hospital and out-of-hospital inventions and clinical assessment in emergency and non-emergency situations. Wilson Medic One is approved for the Vet Student Loans program for HLT51020 - Diploma of Emergency Health Care. The VET Student Loans program is an Australian Government loan program that helps eligible students enrolled in approved courses at diploma level pay their tuition fees. Includes AHA - Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Course Outline:HLT51020 - Diploma of Emergency Health Care
Wilson Medic One is approved for the Vet Student Loans program for HLT51020 - Diploma of Emergency Health Care.
The VET Student Loans program is an Australian Government loan program that helps eligible students enrolled in approved courses at diploma level pay their tuition fees.
The loan has income-contingent repayment arrangements, which means you only need to make repayments if you are earning above the minimum repayment threshold. You can make voluntary repayments at any time.
If you are an Australian Citizen and meet the minimum educational requirements, you are eligible to apply. Please contact us for more information.
Careers in Paramedics
The Diploma of Emergency health care covers workers employed by State Ambulance authorities and non-emergency transport companies to provide emergency and non-emergency client care and transport services.
- Event medic
- Emergency Services Officer
- Industrial Medic
- Ambulance Officer / Ambulance Transport Attendant
The HLT51020 - Diploma of Emergency Health Care qualification may provide you with advanced standing into Bachelor degrees at Australian Universities.
We are committed to assisting our pupils achieve their goals through nationally recognised health industry courses and training programs in mental health awareness, first aid and first response training
This qualification is clustered by Wilson Medic One to form a targeted and work ready program. Many students continuing with their pre-hospital care knowledge and training and moving into more advanced areas of study as a natural progression
The course is delivered in 3 Modules phases which includes e-Learning (self-paced online units), 7 weeks classroom time and 160 of clinical placement.
*Please note that you will need your flu and COVID vaccination in order for us to offer placements*
100% attendance is required for the classroom time due to the level of course content. The course can be flexible and can be completed over multiple intakes. To discuss this please contact us on 9350 9111.
It includes 9 Compulsory Units and 8 “pre-set” Elective Units which are delivered in a cluster format providing program that is holistic in its approach and has meaning and relevancy to the student’s work functions as the program is based on real work tasks.
9 core units
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
- HLTOUT001 Implement safe access and egress
- HLTOUT005 Assess and deliver standard clinical care
- HLTOUT010 Communicate in complex situations to support health care
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies & procedures
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTWHS006 Manage personal stressors in the work environment
8 elective units
- BSBFLM303 Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTOUT009 Manage the scene of a major incident
- HLTOUT006 Transport emergency patients
- HLTOUT007 Transport non-emergency patients under operational conditions
- HLTOUT008 Manage a scene
- HLTWHS005 Conduct manual tasks safely
- CHCCCS020 Responds effectively to behaviours of concern
Learning objectives include:
- Increased scope of practice, in-line with organisation’s medical direction and protocols.
- Extended and refined knowledge in the pre-hospital environment.
- Work autonomously and within a team.
- Team leader skills.
- Critical thinking and differential field diagnosis skills.
- Ability to perform a concise and complete medical assessment
- Increase knowledge of pharmacological interventions and interaction
- Advanced cardiac life support
- A current first aid certificate
- A fully endorsed drivers licence.
If you are still on your “P” plates, please discuss alternative arrangements before enrolling.
- Year 12 certificate or AQTF level IV in any field.
Should you not have this, we can assist with a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills assessment, at no charge to you.
- Before placements – a Working with Children’s Check, National Police Clearance, and evidence of Flu & Covid-19 vaccination is also required; it is also highly recommended to review the attached document on vaccinations for people working in the Healthcare industry.
Wilson Medic One mutually recognises Statement(s) of Attainment and qualifications issued by other RTO's.
Following the successful completion of the program, Qualification Testamur and Record of Achievement will be issued in accordance with the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|
|HLT51020 DIP 10th January 2022 (Perth)||10/01/2022||14/07/2022||$11,900.00|
|HLT51020 DIP 7th February 2022 (Perth)||07/02/2022||11/08/2022||$11,900.00|
|HLT51020 DIP 8th March 2022 (Perth)||08/03/2022||09/09/2022||$11,900.00|
|HLT51020 DIP 4th April 2022 (Perth)||04/04/2022||06/10/2022||$11,900.00|
|HLT51020 DIP 2nd May 2022 (Perth)||02/05/2022||03/11/2022||$11,900.00|
|HLT51020 DIP 30th May 2022 (Perth)||30/05/2022||01/12/2022||$11,900.00|
|HLT51020 DIP 27th June 2022 (Perth)||27/06/2022||29/12/2022||$11,900.00|
|HLT51020 DIP 25th July 2022 (Perth)||25/07/2022||26/01/2023||$11,900.00|
|HLT51020 DIP 22nd August 2022 (Perth)||22/08/2022||23/02/2023||$11,900.00|
|HLT51020 DIP 19th September 2022 (Perth)||19/09/2022||23/03/2023||$11,900.00|
|HLT51020 DIP 17th October 2022 (Perth)||17/10/2022||20/04/2023||$11,900.00|